September 30, 2018
Tooth loss can make it difficult to get the most out of life. Chewing your favorite foods may become challenging, or you may be at risk of speaking with a lisp — not to mention that you may be reluctant to smile big when you’re truly happy. But there is one truly excellent tooth replacement for patients who are eligible: dental implants in North Sarasota. They do come at a higher cost, but it is definitely worth the investment for a healthy, complete smile that lasts.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Dental implants cost more than other options in tooth replacement because they are placed surgically and require several visits with an oral surgeon. First, the dental implants are placed below the gums. Several months later they are re-exposed and connecting abutments are placed on top. After one to two weeks, the crown, bridge, or denture will be affixed on top of the implant posts. Each step is completed using only the highest-quality materials and will require anesthesia and/or sedation to keep you completely comfortable.
This approach comes with significant benefits for oral and overall health. Some of the most considerable advantages of dental implants include:
- Preserve bone and gum tissue
- Easier to eat what you like
- Dental implants look, fit, and feel completely natural
- Can correct prior dental misalignments
- Cared for properly, dental implants can last for decades
- And many more
How Much Will Your Dental Implants Cost?
There is no fixed price for dental implants, and the cost of yours will depend on a few factors. When you schedule a consultation with your implant dentist, the following will be considered to determine what you can expect to pay:
- The health of your jawbone: Often, patients will need to have a bone graft or sinus lift performed before they can have the dental implants placed. These preliminary procedures enhance the chances of implant success and also add to the cost of the total treatment.
- The number of teeth being replaced: Because dental implant posts are individually priced, the extent of your tooth loss will have a significant effect on the total cost of your procedure.
- Where in the jaw the gaps are located: Due to aesthetic concerns, front teeth are often more costly to replace than molars and premolars.
After you have a number in mind, you and your dentist in North Sarasota can discuss ways to make dental implants fit comfortably within your budget. Some dental insurance plans will cover part of dental implant procedures. Just remember that no matter the cost of your procedure, investing in your smile is always worth it!
Meet the Practice
Dr. Warren G. Hoffman offers comprehensive dental services from the comfort of Parkway Ridge Dental. Patients who are missing teeth can benefit from his high-quality dental implant restorations. To learn more about the benefits of dental implants or to find out whether this option may be right for your smile, you are invited to contact the office at (941) 358-8830.